 |
| Watching the storm roll in |
It's summer and we've been taking full advantage of the beautiful weather, sunshine and the Oakville lakeshore.
Below are a few photos from our adventures thus far this summer.
First up - my Mommy groups have more or less ended, but I've made some friends and now we can take our cute little babies on walks and swimming and such. It's nice to have a few moms in the area with kids right around Abby's age.
 |
| Susan and Kaitlin, Ashely and Clark, Me and Abby, and Vanessa and Rose on the pier in Oakville. |
Next up, we had to say "see you later" to Sue and John as they set out on their grand Airstreaming adventure across the continent. In the midst of their epic move, transition to the Airstream and departure, we made sure to get them up to our place for dinner. The next day we all went up to visit Sue and John at their current campsite (at the time) and the Airstream was a lot cooler than D or I thought it'd be. They are going to have some great stories on their return.
 |
| Apparently Uncle John is pretty funny. |
 |
| I'm sure Abby's thinking: "Seriously, Aunt Sue and Uncle John - you're going to live in a 28ft space together for how long!?" |
 |
| This is the Before photo - can't wait to see the After shot |
----------
Abby and I took a mini vacation to London to see my parent and grandparents for a week, at which time D had time off and joined us for part of the next week. It was good to spend a good solid chunk of time at one location, as Abby is never "normal" on our quick day trips or even the weekend visits. We got to spend some quality cousin time with Levi and Amaya. Little Amaya is utterly in love with Abby and keeps commenting and pointing at her eyes. Levi likes to come up and rub Abby's head and say "Cutie, cutie, cutie. You're so cutie, cutie, cutie."
 |
| Gramma Di and her baby girls |
 |
| Adorable little Amaya |
 |
| Amaya and Abby laughing and talking to each other |
 |
| Kisses for Abby |
----------
While I was in London, Abby and I met up with Lindsay and the kids to go to Storybook Gardens (not nearly as fun as I remember it being when I was a kid, but Alyssa and Zach didn't seem to mind). Abby slept on and off, or watched the kids running around. Alyssa acts like a big sister with Abigail (and makes sure everyone calls her Abigail!), saying that Abigail just needs her or running over to the stroller to make sure Abby is ok, at which time Abby will let out a big smile and squeal for Alyssa. It's amazing having so many "cousins" around for Abby to play with and she seems to like all of them - but com'mon, they are adorable - who wouldn't love these kids!?
 |
| A "family" photo of Linds and the kids! |
 |
| This is how most of my photos of Z turned out - with his back to the camera as he ran away to the next adventure! |
 |
| Series of Alyssa and the frog photos - I was told not to include them all, but D and I couldn't agree on which ones we liked more - so they are all here! |
 |
| Handsome little fella |
 |
| Checking up on her Abigail - Abby is probably cooing at Alyssa here |
 |
| I believe I had Z framed in behind the bridge, but he ran away before I could take the photo. |
----------
While we were in London, Abby started to show some interest in food - which she hadn't up until that point. So, during the particularly hot weather, I was letting her sample watermelon juice off my finger (by rubbing the watermelon and then rubbing her lip). I passed Abby off to D for a bit and turned around to get my portion of watermelon - and this is what I turned around to see. She mostly just sucked the juice and you can see by her face that she really liked it. I think we may be trying new foods in the very near future. (Again, photo overload, because they were all so cute, I couldn't decide which ones I liked better! - so enjoy!)
 |
| Truth be told, I think this is my favourite! |
----------
And finally (for this post) - a collection of other cute shots!
Miss Abby chatting up a storm
 |
Look Ma - no hands standing! (and awesome hair!)
|
Abby in her Jolly Jumper - I love the crazy sound effects.
 |
| All my toys within reach! |
 |
| All these adventures sure make a baby tired! |
No comments:
Post a Comment