Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

Our little Harding Family has had quite the 2013 - it's going to be a difficult one to top!
From D's races (swim meets, half-iron) and Abby being born - it was a pretty epic year.  We've had so many accomplishments and firsts that it's hard to think how 2014 is going to match or better 2013, but I'm sure that come a year from now, I'll be amazed at what 2014 has brought us. 


My New Year's Baby!


"Where is all that noise coming from?"
In an effort to keep our pre-Abby family traditions alive, we went out to dinner at our favourite Oakville Restaurant (O&B Cafe) with our friends Karl and Farah.  Abby was wonderful at dinner - as per usual.  It was funny, we had to adjust our dinner time (because of Abby) so instead of one of the last tables having dinner, we were among the first - with all the other tables of kids!  We didn't order anything specifically for Abby, she just ate of D and my dinner plates - so her New Years dinner consisted of: scallops and warm bread for an appetizer; risotto, osso buco, beef tenderloin, roasted veg, lobster mash potatoes for dinner, and; a little bit of creme brûlée for dessert!  No big deal... oh my, we're going to have a very special kind of a picky eater - Abby's going to be a snobby eater.  "No meatloaf for me, it's beef Wellington or bust!"   It is always awesome to have Karl and Farah over.  And we made it to midnight!  All of us (well, except Abby!).       


All decked out in our New Year's gear!



As Dustin is crazy, he decided to ring in the new year with a dip in Lake Ontario.  That's right - Dustin went swimming -- outside -- in Lake Ontario -- on January 1st.  The outside air temperature was about -10C and the water was -2.2C and a bunch of crazies decided it would be great to do a dip or dash in the lake.  D was hell-bent on doing the dash (25m).  We all bundled up (and dragged my cousin's Curtis and Dalton down) and joined D at the lakeshore.  I can't believe he did it - I don't know that I'd want him to do it again.  He was so cold after he came out of the water, he went a little crazy!  But after helping D get back into real clothes and home for a hot shower and coffee - he was back to normal.  CRAZY!  But the even crazier thing was - he wasn't the only crazy!


The non-crazies are all bundled up!


Of course, D went in his teeny-tiny swim trunks.  Crazy.

A pile of CRAZIES!

This is where I'd be running back out if I was crazy enough to do it - which I'm not!


All smiles - but immediately after this started to experience cold-confusion!

In other news, my 2013 New Year's resolution was a complete success.  I lost my gut, but I gained a large lump on my arm. 

Jan 1, 2014
Jan 1, 2013

Thanks for sharing in our accomplishments and experiences of 2013 with us, and we can't wait to share all our adventures in 2014 with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment