Monday, March 31, 2014

And You Thought We Were Going to Stop!?


You didn't think I'd stop taking monthly photos, did you?  Nope.  I don't think I'm going to be as crazy about it - but it's a good way to watch Abby's growth and track her development.  I'll try not to bore you with all the details of her development either - but as I'm using this blog as not only a digital photo album, but also a digital baby book, it's nice to have something written down for each month.


Abby's doing great this month.  She's walking everywhere, getting into everything.  She's "talking" (babbling) a lot more and starting to sound like she's trying to have a real serious conversation with you.  Her only real words right now are: Hi and Dad.  She can sign: milk, all done, more, and eat/food - which is helpful.  Abby's comprehension is not an issue.  She understands all kinds of commands and questions.  Again, which is helpful!

When you ask how big Abby is, she'll put her hands up: "So big!"
Abby is a great independent player.  Her favourite games are to "talk" on the phone (her toy phone or my iPhone) - she paces around the house "talking", or she loves all her noisy toys - she loves to dance!  Also, Abby has to stop and wave to the trains and say Hi!  All day!  She still loves her nap times, baths and eating.  When we read books with the word "No" in them, she'll shake her head whenever we read "No".  It's very funny, as she knows now which books have "No" coming up and will start shaking her head before we turn the page.  Her hair is growing like crazy.  I have to keep it pinned or in pig-tails all the time to keep it out of her eyes.    
We had to stop to say hi to the trains.


Abby loves to investigate things and help you with whatever you are doing.  She gives great hugs and is starting to give kisses.  Unfortunately, she's learned how to whine (especially, when she sees you have made her eggs, but she can't have them because they are too hot!), and scream (either with excitement or frustration).  Abby loves to walk the hallways and go for rides on the elevator to check the mail.  It's great not having to carry her so much anymore.  She is constantly on the go while she is awake - I barely have a chance to sit down anymore!  But, I subscribe to my Aunt Linda's parenting philosophy: that the exhausting and frustrating traits in a toddler (constant motion, into everything, little miss independent, etc) lead to exceptional personality traits in older children and adults (always active, investigative and questioning, a leader, etc).


Abby loves her Dad.  I see a lot of him in Abby - not only in looks, but now in personality as well (as mentioned, the roaming around the house while talking on the phone - that's all Dustin!).  Abby is her Daddy's girl in many, many ways!






That hair!







No comments:

Post a Comment