Sunday, May 18, 2014

Toddler life! (14/15 Months Old!)


So, as you can tell, I'm busy these days.  Abby's a little mess monster and having the house on the market means that I'm cleaning all the time and Abby and I are out of the house more than we are in it to avoid destroying the house.  But that also means, the little time I have to sit down, I'm usually working!  Oh well.  It's all good and it will all be amazing once we sell the house and get into a bigger place.  I'm looking forward to that!

14 Months
Abby's "Where is it?" pose
So, these past two months, Abby's been growing.  She's gaining weight and height and growing through clothes!  Some nights I feel like I just put her in a sleeper that fit last week and it has become too tight over night!  Her new hight means that she can reach things that were previously placed in a secure place.  I'm running out of hiding spots!  Abby is a curious one too.  She's learned how to open cupboards and drawers and loves to investigate any room that mom isn't in!  Again, adding to the mess making!





The other exciting things happening these months, are Abby's learning words like crazy!  She started by just mimicking what we were saying, but without much coaching, she's saying things in the right context all on her own.  Abby's still using a combination of sign and speech, and we're ok with that.  She can saw a number of animal sounds (dog is our favourite!), and say a handful of words (Hi, Dad, Dog, Duck, More, Banana).  I love how every day there is a new "trick".  Abby's ability to pick up on the tiniest behavioural traits is amazing.  I think Abby surprises Dustin sometimes, because she'll do something (like knocking on a book when it says "knock, knock, knock") and Dust will just look at me in awe, until I tell him, "yes, I did teach her that."


Videos are of Abby's animal sounds.  She knows monkey, cow, owl, dog (pant, arf and kiss), snake, crocodile (snap with her hands) and we're working on duck and bird.






Serious, 15 Month old. 
Abby's hair is so long now, I can ALMOST pull it back into a ponytail.  But, pigtails are by far the cutest and most efficient way to pull her hair out of her eyes.  She is usually very good about having her hair done, and keeping it in.  It's usually only the barrettes that get pulled out.

Being silly and making noise!


Other silly things Abby's been up to recently: she loves sitting on things her size (chairs, benches, ledges out onto the balcony, pillows, toys!), she loves climbing stairs (but isn't great at getting down!), she hates the vacuum (you have to pick her up every time you vacuum).  Abby's starting to do the actions in many songs.  She can roll her hands for Wheels on the Bus (I'll have to get a video - it's very cute).  



These two months have also brought more teeth.  Abby has got her one year molars in now.  They were a bit of a pain coming it, because she wasn't her usual sunny self for a week or so.  But the bottom ones at least are all up and the top are working their way out.  I really believe she loves her new teeth as it makes eating a little easier and you know how much Abby loves her food.


Abby is keeping us very busy these months.  She's constantly go-go-go and is down to one nap now.  She's a very silly girl.  She loves to smile and dance and read.  She is a very good girl too.  She's very well behaved in public (minus the occasional happy screaming!) and is always willing to give people a smile, even if it is shyly from behind Mom.  She really is a true mix of Dustin and I.  She's shy when she first meets people, but then is quickly the life of the party.  I think she's starting to look more like me too.  Although, I think she has Dustin's sense of humour.  She is a very silly girl and loves to make herself laugh.  If she would only let the rest of us in on her jokes!  Oh well, we get enough laughs from watching Abby.  There have been a couple of nights where Dustin and I will just watch Abby running around the house and laugh.  Hours upon hours of "free" entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment