Thursday, May 19, 2016

Bridget Turns 3 Months



Much like the last time around, the whole time I was pregnant and right after B was born, I just kept saying to myself - "just make it through the first three months." Well, we did it! The "horrible" so called forth trimester is over! And to be honest, looking back - it wasn't as bad as it could have been.





Bridget (Baby B, Bridgety - some of the nicknames we've started kicking around.  Sadly, the whole Baby Broccoli has all but disappeared) has been around for 3 months now. This month Bridget has become an entirely different baby from the start of the month to the end. The beginning of the month she was a generic blob baby - sleeping, eating, crying, spitting up everywhere and not much else, and by the end of the month she was turning into a real human baby.  Bridget started smiling a ton, cooing and engaging with people and objects. She has started to look towards sounds (especially me, and especially near feeding times). 



While the spit-up is still a constant issue, requiring B's laundry to be done twice a week, it seems to be lessening some. We still have bad days which require wardrobe changes from everyone, but we are more willing to deal with it now. The decrease in spit-up has meant I'm more willing to allow B to have some serious tummy-time. It appears she likes it as much as Abby did, as she's content on her tummy until she face plants into a spit-up pile. Bridget has successfully rolled over from tummy to back a couple of times and is exceptionally strong at holding her head up. We are lucky she's so strong and easy going, her sister is not always body conscious and has almost stepped on her once or twice (luckily, Mom or Dad was there to save B!).  



As mentioned, this month Bridget has really turned into a human. She has a great smile that lights up her entire face. She has been more willing to smile then to cry these days. She's even started to coo and tell stories. Abby is constantly asking "What did Bridget say?" when she makes a noise. (It was funny and cute the first couple of times, but the 17th million time, not so much!) Bridget has also transitioned from the crying just to cry to a cry when there is a problem and that stops when we solve it. It's wonderful. 




Bridget has also transitioned into longer awake times this month. She stays awake (and happy for the most part) for an hour or so. She's starting to pay attention to things around her (a helium balloon tied to her foot provided HOURS of entertainment for days). We are starting to get some real sleep at this point too. B is having a couple cat-naps in the morning (which I fear will continue as I attempt to keep Abby occupied in the mornings), then she and Abby have a longer afternoon nap. Bedtime is fairly constant, by 10-11pm she's ready to start her evening sleep, then I can expect to get at least 5-8 hours of sleep, which has been amazing. Most nights, it's a quick feed and she's right back into her crib for the rest of the night until about 6 when she's up again. Usually at 6am I pull her into bed with me and we feed/sleep until Abby wakes up. It seems to work, and I'm glad that most nights I'm getting more than 4h of sleep. Not to say that we still don't have nights where I'm up every 2-3h all night.



Other than that, we are all enjoying the nicer weather. I've been taking the girls out for lots of walks and we've been doing playdates at the park. I've been back to swimming a couple of times and just trying to feel "normal" again. Abby still loves being a big sister and doesn't want to send B back yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment