Vitals: We grew taller this month, not fatter! Bridget's a hefty 16.2 lbs and a lengthy 65.8 cm, putting her in the 65th and 75th percentiles respectively (as comparison, Abby was 14.7 lbs and 68 cm). We are still in our 9 month outfits (but growing out of some of the smaller 6-12 month clothes!), and just graduated to size 4 diapers after blowing out of 75% of poop diapers for a week!
Sleep: We no longer nap in the swing (only in desperation or for extremely short durations, like while we are making or eating dinner!). I was bound and determined this month to get Bridget to nap in her crib, she had been doing night times in her crib, but nap times we were still relying on the swing too much. So, this month, I made it a point to try her in her crib first and wouldn't you know it, almost instantly she started to nap in her crib. I now make it a point to put B down for at least one long nap in her crib. Along with her increased crib nap time, she's also started to take a soother. After spitting it out violently for the first 5 months of her life, she's finally started to accept and like it.
While naps are getting better, and so is bedtime (which is now between 6 and 8pm), night times are still hit or miss. This month Bridget has been up anywhere from 1 time to every other hour (wake up at 11, feed her in bed while I doze, I wake up at 12 realize B is still in my bed, put her in her crib, she wakes up at 1, I feed her in bed and sleep, wake up at 2 realize B is still in my bed, put her in her crib, she wakes up at 3 and so on!). Her normal wake up time is around 5:30 or 6am, just as D is going to work. There have been many mornings where B wakes up happy and starts talking and singing and I just leave her in her crib - D will laugh as he can hear her as he makes his coffee to head to work. It is pretty cute. Bridget doesn't really cry when she wakes up - more often she'll just let me know she's awake by squeaking a couple of times or she'll just start babbling to her toys and a blanket mom made her that has farm animals on it. B is getting better at putting herself to sleep though, so once she moves into her own room, I'm sure her (and D and my) sleep will improve! There have also been a few nights of refusing to go back to sleep. I think we've been bouncing Bridget to sleep more this month than the previous two months! Oh well. This too shall pass.
Likes: Bridget loves songs and singing. She really calms down when we sing or talk to her. She loves "The Grand Old Duke of York" (or as Abby sings: "The Grand old Dork-dee-dork" - ya, I have to get a video of her singing it!) and "This is the way the lady rides". She loves being bounced and tickled. She is much more ticklish than Abby ever was. She has more toys that she really like, specifically the teething ring. I think those teeth are coming soon, as we are gnawing on EVERYTHING - including giving me some nice hickeys on my shoulder!
Bridget and Abby are still the best of friends. Abby can calm Bridget down just as easily as Dustin or I. If Abby is in the room, Bridget is looking at her, doesn't hurt that Abby isn't the quietest thing either! We still like being outside and going for walks in the stroller. Unfortunately, it's been quite warm this month, and with Bridget's fair skin (and red hair) I'm worried about over heating and burning, so we have been spending a lot of time inside. But when we can, we try to get out in the shade!
Dislikes: Food - for the most part! We are not a fan of textured food - probably because she was such a spit-up baby? We've tried banana and sweet potato and both of those foods were spit out right away. Any food she can suck (think apple slice or cucumber), she is more willing to try. Watermelon too was ok, because she could mostly just suck the juice! We're just starting with solids, so it's all about presenting options and seeing what she takes to.
Accomplishments: Well, Bridget hasn't really improved her sitting this month. It's still for short periods of time and only when she REALLY wants to sit up. But we are starting to wiggle around her play mat more and move around more in general. She's rolling all over the place; we still can't put her on her back as she loves to flip onto her tummy. Bridget is also getting much more coordinate. She can bring toys to her mouth and reaches out to touch your face. Bridget is really developing her voice. She's babbling and "singing" a ton. She has a screech though that is pretty loud!
Our biggest accomplishment this month is.... a dramatic decrease in spitting-up! Dare I say it, she's over that whole phase (and onto the droll phase!?). At some point this month, I noticed our laundry was not as astronomical as it had been! Joy!!! We've started to droll and continue to blow-out our diapers, but I'll take that over the near constant spitting up! I can actually play with and hug and cuddle my baby now.
Personality: Bridget is a very happy and smiley little baby. Her smile lights up her whole face. We've gotten a lot more giggles out of B - but she's more likely to just give you a huge smile. She is very attentive and loves to look around. Luckily, she's a fairly easy going baby. She's just fit into our life and is getting easier to take care of and more fun to play with as she gets older. I foresee Bridget becoming the perfect little sidekick to Abby's craziness, with her own happy and loving little personality shining through.
And now..... Abby!


















No comments:
Post a Comment