So, Miss Bridget is 10 months old! All too soon she'll be 1 years old!
Vitals: Not much has changed in terms of weight - I think we've just come to the end of a growth spurt, so she's 18.6lbs. Still in 12 month clothes (I officially donated all of the 9 month clothes this month - so there's no going back!), and size 4 diapers. Her 6th tooth popped just after 9 months, so we've had a few weeks of no teething! B has grown out of her carseat - or at least I was tired of lugging her and the seat around. So, B graduated to Abby's old car seat and Abby got a bigger one. Already, B seems to like it more. I've caught her looking out the window on a number of occasions, or looking at Abby - both of which she can do better in this new seat.
Accomplishments: B is getting into everything still. We have to blockade the back stairs and relocate a ton of Abby toys and low lying kitchen stuff. Again, she's still army crawling, with the very occasional crawl. But the "crawling" will only last one or two steps before she launches herself forward to army crawl wherever she wants to go. We've also been "walking" with Bridget a lot more. She doesn't mind holding our hands and walking around the house. I think she likes the higher perspective. Bridget is trying out a lot of new sounds lately. I love listening to get "talk" to things. She loves to make silly sounds as well and loves when we make them at her.
Sleep: Sleep is getting better and better with, what feel like fewer bad days. They still exist, mind you. Never a month goes by without one or two or 10 bad nights. This month saw Bridget's first "real" cold, so that kind of set us back a bit on sleep. Bridget also went through a week and a bit of pure screaming when we put her down. She would scream as if you were hurting her and it was scary! However, that was a short lived phase, thank goodness (although, she did scare my parents one night screaming as if my Dad had dropped her!) She's also dropping her second nap some days in favour of a longer midday nap. I'm actually okay with this, as long as it means she sleeps at night! But, B is getting very good at putting herself to sleep. I can (or D can) put her down at night awake with her blanket and suckie and she will fall asleep on her own. I can't remember the last time we used the ball to help B get to sleep. However, I usually get a wake up somewhere around 11:30-midnight, then another around 2-3:30 and another around 5-6:30 and if I'm lucky, Bridget will sleep in until 8-9! A quick feed and finding the suckie/blanket are usually all that are required to get Bridget back to sleep though. We have tried sending Dustin in to comfort B when she wakes up and that ended up in Bridget crying for two hours, before falling asleep, only to wake up an hour later! So, many nights it just easier if I go in for the less than 20 min it takes to feed and comfort her.
Likes: Baths are so fun now. We splash and play with toys and kick. The only unfortunate part is, now that the weather has turned cold, B has developed some dry patches and eczema, so we'll have to keep an eye on that, especially after the bath. B loves songs and books and playing with Abby. She loves eating toys and fluff and paper - basically everything that's been left on the floor. Bridget loves her Dad now. She'll crawl right over to him when he comes home from work and I swear I've heard her greet him with a "Dadada". It's fun to watch her see people she knows and give them big smiles or stare down people she is a little unsure about. Luckily, she doesn't play strange with most people and will go to anyone without a fuss.
Food: Bridget has finally decided she likes food! She is eating so much more. D and I decided that she really needs to be eating two or three meals a day now (poor mom was depriving her before!). Breakfast is usually yogurt (the good 5% kind!), or eggs. Lunch is fruit and maybe some meat if we have left overs. Dinner is frequently some part of whatever we are eating. We will also now give her a squeezie of baby food to help her get more calories in, as she isn't quite there with getting food into her belly. Most of her food gets to her hands, some of her food gets to her mouth, and a bit of her food gets to her belly. The majority of the food ends up on the floor! Bridget is getting pretty good a grasping food though. It's fun to watch her pincer skills emerging.
Personality: While I had briefly hoped I would get a cuddly, quiet, calm girl this time around, I think I may have a bit of an Abby 2.0 on my hands. Bridget is into everything. She will let you know that she does NOT want to be held and just wants to be down on the floor playing or exploring. She often "sings" and yells and makes funny noises to get your attention. She makes crazy faces and is quick to laugh. She barely cries (during the day). Bridget brings a smile to almost anyone's face. She is eager to love. We love that she isn't a blob baby any more, but turning into a fun, little human! You know what, as much as I would have liked to have my cuddly girl, another crazy, loud, fun, adventurous girl is the perfect fit in this family. I'm sure she'll surprise us, just like Abby continues to do, but for now, she's the perfect fit for our little family.
-----
Photos were difficult this time around - B became aware of her sticker!
-----
And Abby



















No comments:
Post a Comment