All together now... "Can you believe it's been 7 months already? Where has the time gone!" This month has been all about experimenting. It's been fun to watch the wheels turn as she tried to figure things out this month.
Well, it's official, we have a mover now. This month, Abby has been experimenting now with how to get moving... faster. She's getting into the traditional crawl position a lot more frequently and can really propel herself forward. Again, anything she's not supposed to be into are her favourite things to get. Computer cords and magazines are things that just can't be left alone. I think I'm in trouble too, Abby is a bit of a climber. She's already gotten right onto the bottom shelf of our coffee table (more photos for follow in a later post), and she's into the bottom shelf of our bookshelf (where all our DVDs are). I've had to clear out some things off the floor and coffee table, as well as stage pillows in strategic places around the living room. Abby also transitions well from sit to crawl now, so putting her into a sitting position while I go and do something (use the washroom) isn't really an option any more. Thank goodness for the Jumperoo. She really is proud of her self when she finds something to explore, she'll look right back at you and smile, as she bites into the computer cord!
This is what it's like having an inquisitive 7-month old! She's into everything!
Abby's also experimenting with sounds now. She tried for a day to get a good raspberry out. That was a funny day. She just kept blowing air and sticking her tongue out all day until she finally connected the two parts. Dustin and I have heard "Da, Da, Da" being mumbled out of the stroller during a run. She also has a good gwaa, gwaa, and bub, bub... and just recently Mumm, mumm, mumm! Yes!! I make sure to say: "Here I am," whenever I hear her say mum. It's funny to hear her practise her words just after she wakes up in the morning. She's quite the happy chatter first thing in the morning. She still screams and screeches all the time. Abby also has an adorable laugh. We can get her to giggle easily. Peek-a-boo is a favourite game, as is anything that "scares" her. A loud "BOO" gets her jumping and then laughing. She thought it was absolutely hilarious when the dogs barked and scared her.
In other news, Abby has moved to her own room now. She's sleeping in her crib in the guest room and has been all month. She's doing really well in there. We've had to bring back the ball though and bouncing to sleep is just part of our evening routine. Abby's tricked us a couple of times and slept through (most) of the night this month. She'll go a day or two with only one feeding during the night, then she'll be right back to wanting to be fed 2-4 times. But, she's pretty good about going right back to sleep after being fed. Just means I have a longer walk back to bed now. I think both Dustin and I like Abby in her own room, as it means we have our space back now. It's nice being able to get into bed without having to tip-toe in your own room. I think Abby likes it too, as she's undisturbed when D gets up to go to work, or when we come to bed. She's quite the nighttime mover as well. She's all over her crib. Abby still needs her monkey to sleep and her soother - but we only use it at night time.
![]() |
| "Hi Mommy, what are you doing?" |
Bath time is still one of Abby's favourite times of the day. She kicks and splashes and squeals. Abby really wants to sit up in the bath now too, so we let her, until she tries to crawl in the tub. Abby loves books and noisy toys (rattles and chimes). She loves music, it calms her down. We are still trying to meet up with our friends and go to some drop-ins. It helps the days go by, plus Abby loves her little friends (I'll post about them later). Abby loves watching kids. I also love that Abby is starting to recognize people, especially her Daddy. As soon as we hear his keys in the door, she's looking around to find him and then gives a HUGE smile when he comes around the corner (or sometimes we'll go wake him up after his nap and she always smiles and starts to wiggle and jump when she sees him). One drawback of the recognition thing, is Abby is starting to develop a bit of a Mommy's girl complex. She needs to be near me or see me all the time. She might whine when someone new is holding her.
Abby is a good eater - she doesn't eat much, but she love everything she has been given. Especially meat... she loves meat (again, more on that later!). We are also happy to say, Abby is starting to take a bottle! It's been a while, but she finally can do it and likes to hold it herself. This has been a big help on my run days or in the middle of the night when all I want is an extra few minutes of sleep, uninterrupted.
She just keeps getting cuter and more exciting. Unfortunately, now that Abby is a go-getter, it means that I don't have as much time to sit down as I once did. So, posts are going to get delayed a bit. (Also, to add to it, I'm swimming 2 nights a week!)
![]() |
| In preparation for Halloween - Abby as Mini Mouse (thanks to Doug & Rose McCulloch) |
Abby learning to blow a raspberry!
Abby learns to say "Mum, mum"
Giggles.















No comments:
Post a Comment