Saturday, March 19, 2016

Bridget's 1st Month


So, little Miss Bridget turned one month today.  She's brought a lot of craziness into our lives this past month - but overall she's been a great baby girl.  Dustin was able to take almost 3 weeks off and Mom came up for a few days last week - so I've had a lot of help over the past month - which I'm so grateful for.  We are still getting used to having a newborn in the house and the couple of days I've been alone with the girls have been a juggling act I'm going to have to perfect soon.  Life with a newborn and an active 3-year old is going to be a challenge for a little while - but we'll get into routine soon enough.




Abby loves her baby sister.  She tells everyone that she has a baby sister now and is constantly keeping tabs on where Bridget is.  She isn't calling her Broccoli anymore, she more often calls her "Baby".  Abby likes to keep us updated to what the baby is doing and asks all types of questions of whether or not "Baby" is awake/asleep, pooped/peed, crying/happy...  I asked Abby who she loves the most in her family, and she immediately said Bridget.




As far as Bridget is concerned, she's been a pretty chill baby.  Weight will be checked next week - but she has been gaining steadily since her first week (when there was a slight dip in weight).  She's going to be a tall one, I think!  She eats like a champ and sleeps a lot of the day in approximately 2-3h stretches.  She gets a good long stretch of 3-5h at night, which both Mom and Dad are grateful for.   



Bridget is a spit-up queen.  Our laundry has doubled thanks to the number of blankets, clothes and burp clothes that Bridget has covered for us.  She is already starting to look at faces and I find she will turn her head towards Abby all the time.  The two are going to become the best of friends!



I'm very slowly healing and heading towards normalcy.  I wish it was an easier go, but alas - this is the way things are.  I've enjoyed a few long walks (but paid for them the next day) and look forward to be mostly pain-free soon.





It has kind of been a crazy and wild ride this past month, but baby B is fitting in nicely in our crazy house.  We are looking forward to introducing her to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment