Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Bridget is 2 Months Old



While I can't believe it's been two months since Baby Bridget joined us, it does feel like she's been here forever some days.  


Baby B is growing like crazy.  She's steadily gaining weight - up to 11lbs at her last weigh in and she measured 58 cm (~23 inches) - putting her in the top 60th percentiles.  She's also starting to come out of the newborn blob-ness.  She's beginning to show that there is a little person in there. We are starting to get longer stretches of sleep at night (which I know will not last, so I'm enjoying it while it does). Smiles are few and far between but very cute when they appear. She's our serious baby.




Unfortunately, we call Bridget "Barfing Bridget" because... well... she's our barfy baby. You can't hold B with out a burp cloth or risk wearing spit-up (D and I have just embraced the spit-up and only change our clothes if B's spit-up twice on it!).  Luckily, B doesn't seem to be too troubled with the spitting up, she may make a noise, but not always.  So, spitting up is just a laundry problem at this point! We travel with multiple outfits and multiple blankets and do just Bridget's laundry twice a week.





Because B has been such a spit-up queen, she has been difficult to nurse and to put down. D and I end up holding her for at least 20 minutes after feeding, which makes the night feeds very long.  Bridget has spent the night in our bed more nights that Abby did at this age. But, she's spending longer times in between feeds at night, and loves her swaddle blanket, so there is times she has spent in her crib.





Bridget has been able to roll from her front to her back a couple of times.  We are getting better at doing tummy time - I wasn't keen on it for a while because B just ends up covered in spit-up. She loves her swing, which is great for when she's asleep and I need to run around after Abby.  Luckily, she's a big fan of the carrier too.  I'm finding all the spots to put/carry B so that I can deal with Abby.  Two kids is a juggling act, for sure!




Abby is still enthralled with Bridget. She wants to hold her all the time. A helped feed B a bottle and was super excited! It really made her day. Abby is always wondering where Bridget is and what she is doing.  I love seeing the bond between them forming.



As for me, it's been a long hard road to recovery. I took 6 weeks of doing practically the bear minimum to get by and am just starting to get back to activities. I found it really difficult to just sit and do nothing, so I'm happy to be getting back into walking and taking care of the house.



This is what Big Sister does during Little Sister's photo shoots!





No comments:

Post a Comment