Sunday, June 19, 2016

Bridget is 4 months


Hello, it's me, Bridget (or Barfing Bridget, Baby B, or Bridgety).

This month, I turned 4 months. I'm a big girl now - much bigger than my older sister was when she was my age.  I weigh 15lbs and am 62cm (24.5 inches), putting me in the 50% range for both weight and hight.  I've grown out of all my 3 months clothes and am growing out of 6 months clothes now too.  I've also been bumped up to size 3 diapers!!






Last month was filled with some exciting firsts. I took my first airplane ride to Calgary, attended my first wedding, met lots of new relatives, and got lots of cuddles. I was very good on my first and second plane rides. I slept and nursed and was pretty quiet, but Mom and Dad bribed the flight attendants with chocolate to make sure that we were taken care of!  I was also super good at my first extended sleep-over at Gramma Linda's. I slept very well and didn't mind all the cuddles from family.









I'm now rolling over (front to back and back to front) - so watch out world, I'm on a roll. I took about a week to learn how to roll from my back to my front, every day I was getting a little bit further along and with lots of encouragement from my big sister. She kept telling me "go Bridget! You can do it!" I can now reach for my favourite toys and bring them to my mouth to slobber all over. My favourite toys being my Lamaze giraffe and horse. I want to move a lot more than I'm able to. I really like to sit up and stand on Mom and Dad. I've already started to play in my Jumperoo, although, I'm not quite sure how to make it jump yet.





I've also found my voice this month. I sing and shout and talk to my toys and my family. Sometimes, I just sing to the ceiling fans. I have let out a small giggle once or twice too. I still love to smile, especially when I see my Mommy or my sister. I'm always watching where they go or what they are doing. 





I've graduated to the big stroller too and really enjoy going on walks with my Mommy and sister and watching the clouds and trees. I don't mind being outside - except for when the sun gets into my eyes. I have been known to take a nap or two in the stroller.






Sleeping is still something I'm good at - for the most part. I'm not really allowed to get a good morning nap in - because we are usually going somewhere or doing something with my sister. But I'll sneak a nap in when I can, whether I'm in the stroller or in the car seat or in Mommy's arms. At night, I'm starting to get hungry again half-way through the night, so I'm waking mom up at 2:30 or 3:30 and then again at 5:00am. I don't cry though, I have been known to ask politely (start singing) in the middle of the night until Mom wakes up and feeds me. Some nights I've been so hungry, I have woken up every other hour - but that's ok. Those are the nights I get to spend all night in Mom and Dad's bed, sleeping and nursing!


I've recently found my hand and it is mighty tasty. Maybe my teeth are starting to bug me too.



All in all, life is pretty good. I don't have a lot to cry about. Still barfing all over mom and dad and the floor and every blanket in the house, but somedays are better than others. This month, I've really started to become a baby and out of the newborn stage. Dad keeps commenting on how much more fun I am and every day I become less and less annoying! I love being around my family, especially my sister - she gives the best cuddles!




Abby always wants her photo taken during Bridget's photo shoot!


Enjoying the swings


And now - sisters being CRAZY!


No comments:

Post a Comment