Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Family and Friends Come to Visit

The end of the summer has brought us lots of time to visit with family and friends, some of which we haven't seen in a while.  It started with James coming into town for a long awaited visit.





We also had a great visit with James while he was in Ontario.  We enjoyed having him spend sometime up at our place, as well as hanging out with his family in London.  We got to see some of our old friends while we were there.  Even Abby's birthday twin, Danica (a cadet friend's daughter, born on the same day as Abby) was at the party.  We got some hilarious photos of Abby and Danica that night.


Abby doesn't know what to make of the flash!


Craig came up to Oakville to do a bike ride with Dustin, so Alyssa, Abby and I got a chance to go to the park.  Oh, Alyssa is a sweetheart.  She loves Abby too.  Always taking care of her and just wanting to play!  She also has a wonderful imagination and Abby and I got to be princesses while we were at the park (the climbing equipment became our castle!).


I'm pretty sure this was from the Zoo weekend - but it's cute nonetheless
So much attitude in one little package!



I believe Abby and I are being commanded to come to play princesses


Alyssa is such a good older sister/cousin



Abby loved watching Alyssa swing

Then it was back to London to visit with family for the long weekend (seeing Jeanie and Dave) and also Sarah and Chris and their family, including their newest addition, Ainsley.  Ainsley is 4 months and 4 days younger than Abby, but only 2lbs and maybe 2 inches smaller.  She's going to be tall like her Mom and Dad.

Holding hands

... and then in the mouth

I guess Ainsley didn't like Abby eating her hand



Abby is starting to realize that dogs are creatures too.  She was very interested in what Molly and Gonzo were doing while we stayed at the Hardings.  Abby is going to love these dogs, even if they don't know what to make of her sometimes.
Every time Abby and Molly meet, they interact more - so cute

Trying to wrangle two dogs and a baby - love Gonzo trying to steal Abby's toys
Abby and Gonzo having fun.


Abby and Molly - soon to be best friends

It's tiring playing with the pups.


Abby also has been hanging out with her friends here in Oakville.  We're soaking up the wonderful weather, while it lasts.  We like going for walks with Susan and Kaitlyn and Vanessa and Rose.  We especially like when it's nice and we can hang out by the Oakville waterfront.

Abby's girlfriends - Rose and Kaitlyn




Finally, Karl has come home from Ireland, and just in time for a wedding.  It was Dustin's old roommate's wedding, and we took Abby up to the ceremony before shipping her off with her Nana Cheryl to spend the night in the hotel while D and I partied.  It was nice to get out and have a grown-up night, but I still felt weird, like I was only half a person all night.  It's been a long time since I've been "alone."  It was fun to get Abby all dressed up and looking adorable.  She was well behaved the whole ceremony and only made a bit of a sound when a soloist started to sing.  I believe she wanted to join in.


I love hoods with ears!
My, we do clean up nicely!  (Well, Farah always looks amazing!)




Mom and Abs looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment