Well, my little girl is TWO years old! I can't believe [actually, I can - she entered the "Twos" (attitude) as soon as she entered the twos (age).] Abby's growing so fast now, but she's getting more and more entertaining. She's really coming into her own now.
For Abby's "real" birthday, the 12th - we decided to go to a place I knew she'd like. The trampoline park! While visiting, Tayson taught Abby how to 1, 2, 3, seat-drop on our downstairs couch (thanks Tayson!), so I was fairly certain putting A in a room full of bouncy floors would be a hit.
A's best friend Kaitlyn came with us and I was right - Abby loved the trampoline park. She and Kaitlyn jumped and jumped. It was wonderful.
![]() |
| Susan (K's mom) and I don't mean to dress our girls alike - it just happens! |
![]() |
| Nothing like a Susan-muffin to re-energize after jumping! |
That evening, Abby got to celebrate with a cupcake - her favourite treat! She loved us singing Happy Birthday to her, and for days afterwards, she'd ask us to sing to her whenever we lit a candle for dinner. She expects Happy Birthday every time you blow out a candle!
For Abby's party, we drove to London to have a family celebration. As Abby is all about snowmen these days, it was a bit of a snowman party (sorry, kid - these are the themes you get when you have a winter birthday!). We had some games (pin the carrot on the snowman), and lots of wonderful food and gifts. Abby just loved playing with her cousins and seeing her family.
Playing pin-the-nose on the snowman!
And of course, there were more cupcakes!
The sign of a good party - you are exhausted afterwards!
Finally, to commemorate my silly girl's milestone - I attempted to get a video of her performing her tricks - but because she's Abby, she didn't really cooperate!
So, here are some of the things that she's up-to: She's 37.5 inches and 23 lbs. She knows many of her letters, but especially the ones linked to people she knows (Abby, Mom, Dad, Nana, Papa...). If you ask her how old she is, she still says "Almost two" - I guess I have to work on that. She has her molars in. She's learning where everyone lives (she knows she lives in Burlington, most of the family in London...). She knows her name and will tell you her name is "Abigail Jean Haading". She refers to herself in the third person still: "Abby do this". She is fond of saying: "That's better" in response to my fixing things (straightening a cup, wiping hands, putting things in their right spot), "boo-boop-bee-do muuaaaha" at the end of almost any song (a la "Skinnamarinky" with the blown kiss at the end). Abby loves to dance and sing and will often mishear lyrics - which is hilarious! She's energetic and loving, but still doesn't want to cuddle. I can't wait to see what else she's going to do!



























No comments:
Post a Comment