Abby is two months old today! This month we've seen a lot of change with our little girl; she's starting to develop a personality. Abigail is still a big wiggler, when she's awake she moves and kicks and waves her arms all over the place. She likes to "stand up" on your lap and still enjoys being bounced on the exercise ball. She's starting to grab at toys and is paying attention to things going on around her. She's really started to notice the toys on the floor during tummy time, the animals in her crib, and the toys I've hung above her swing. She loves to watch them and people around her. I've had to be careful about the TV being on when I change her, she was starting to stare at it intently.
 |
Compare this to our newborn photo with the same toy to see how much she's grown! |
Abby loves when I sing to her, when we play music, or when her toys make noise. She is also beginning to "talk" to Dustin and I. Dustin likes to coo at her and she'll respond back to him. The two can go on for a good 2 minutes back and forth. She is also giving us big smiles. I love when I "rescue" her in the morning from her crib, I get the biggest smile. Abby seems to recognize her mom and dad and calms down and smiles when we talk or pick her up. She's also graduated to the big bath. Abby enjoys her baths, especially when they are warm. She kicks and splashes around. I think we've got a very active girl on our hands.

Other things happening this month, Abby and I have been taking more adventures out of the house. We've got an amazing stroller now, so Abby and I have walked to the grocery store, downtown Oakville, the doctor's office, the mall, and to a Mommy group. Abby just falls asleep most times. She is still a good sleeper. She's now, fairly consistently, sleeping for 6-7h straight at night (down around midnight and up at 6-7am!), which is wonderful for me! She's fairly good at letting us know what's up - usually it's a dirty diaper (or trying to fill her diaper - still upsets her!), or she's tired. But as soon as she signals she's tired, it's in with the soother and a couple bounces on the exercise ball and she's out.
We are starting to get into a good routine, although some days I can't figure out how to get a shower in or even find time to do my hair!
 |
| Enough photos Mom! |
Cell phone photos: They tend to represent our day to day events over the past month.
 |
| Staring intently at her swing mobile |
 |
| Hanging out with Carolyn and Amaya in London for Easter |
 |
| Showing off Dad's bling |
 |
| Ab's shirt says: Daddy's Lil' Personal Trainer |
 |
| Entertaining Abby and Molly with the same toy. |
 |
| Mommy and Abby and our coordinating Easter outfits |
 |
| Abby and Molly not quite sure about each other yet |
 |
| On our walk in the sunshine |
 |
First trip to Aunt Farah and Uncle Karl's house and she was mesmerized by Karl's cockpit schematics |
 |
| Driving out of the big city on her first trip Downtown |
 |
| First bath in the Big bath! |
 |
| My Sleeping Beauty |
 |
| Big smiles for Papa Chris's birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment