Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day


Sunday was a very special day for me - my first Mother's Day.  I had a wonderful day, and felt spoiled and special all day.  But first, a cute story: The Saturday morning before Mother's Day, I was up feeding Abby at her 5 am feeding, and I was quite tired.  All I really wanted was for Dustin to wake up and change A's diaper.  He is usually a good sleeper and doesn't notice anything that happens during the evening, but for some reason this morning he stirred and I thought "Awesome, he'll wake up and help me with Abby".  However, he rolled over, looked at Abby and I and said: "Tomorrow's Mother's Day, right?", then promptly went back to sleep.  I thought it was pretty hilarious, good thing too, otherwise he'd be in trouble.

Anyway, Sunday was wonderful.  Dustin went swimming in the morning - so Abby and I cuddled in bed together.  When D came home, I was treated to a Mother's Day breakfast and was presented with a beautiful Blue Box!  Inside was a gorgeous Tiffany's amethyst necklace (Thank you for being born in February Abby!). The rest of the day was very relaxing (despite being caught in a hail snow grain storm during my "stress-free" Mother's Day run).

It's amazing how having Abby has totally changed my opinion on being a mother.  I appreciated my mother, but have never understood how much it means to love someone until I had Abby.  You look into your baby's face and think there is no way someone has ever loved me as much as I love my child, but then realize that every mother must feel the same looking into the eyes of their perfect infant.  So, thank you Mom - I understand, marvel and respect the title of mother now.  It's a wonderful club to join - yes, even at 5 am when your husband gives you sass and then rolls over and goes back to sleep!






I couldn't decide which photo of the two of us was best - so you got them all.



Abby's first Blue Box - too bad it was for her Mommy!


Thank you Abby for my beautiful necklace.

All this excitement - time for a nap

Making Mommy breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment