As mentioned in the monthly post, Abby has started on solid food. I had done a lot of research before starting her on food, and we've decided to forgo cereals and Pablum and go right into "real" food. We're even skipping most purees too (especially after our first experience with purees). Besides the watermelon she was given early on, Abby's first food was sweet potato - I pureed it up with some breastmilk and fed it to her. She was not interested at all. Then we moved onto banana, peaches, broccoli, carrots, cucumber, avocado, applesauce, cauliflower, scrambled eggs - basically whatever we're eating, Abby gets a taste of either that night, or the next day. I think she's enjoying the adventure, but it's a good thing we're replacing the carpet!!
I really hope we have a good eater, and that she enjoys her father's cooking, which, how could she not!? For now, it's all just fun - I don't think she's getting much nutrition from food. Abby's just learning how to process non-liquid nutrition. There's been no improvement on her sleep, but that's ok. She's just a hungry growing girl.
 |
| Abby's all ready for her first food experience |
 |
| She's not quite sure what to make of pureed sweet potatoes, or the spoon |
 |
| Ya - not a huge fan, first go around. |
 |
| That's okay - it's more fun to mush on the tray anyway (thanks to Dad!!) |
Since sweet potatoes weren't a hit - might as well move on to another one of Dad's favourites...
 |
| BACON!! |
 |
| Quick - shove it in my face before Mom can take it away! |
 |
| This is when I said - enough, photos - no more bacon for babies! |
The funny part of the above, is that it was mostly staged for the entertaining photos - thanks to Dustin. I was freaking out most of the time, not allowing Abby to do more than lick the bacon. Karl and Farah were here that morning too, and the three of them said, it was almost more entertaining to watch me panic about her consuming bacon that Abby loving the salt and fat and flavour and trying to shove it in her face! She also did not want me to take it away!
 |
| Diving right in! |
 |
| She had to corral the banana - it was too slippery to hold |
 |
| Going back for more |
 |
| Abby loves her broccoli! |
 |
| You can almost hear Abby saying: "Yummm" |
 |
| Come back here, I'm not done with you yet! |
 |
| Is this what I've been eating!? |
 |
| Food face! |
 |
| This is a face of someone who likes solids (namely broccoli!) |
 |
| And wash it down with a nice tall cold one... |
 |
| **No beer was consumed in the making of this photo** |
 |
| We love our high chair Great Nana & Great Papa bought us! |
 |
| Ok Mom - I'm done, now what!? |
 |
| Well, I'll just see what's over here... |
 |
| Start 'em young - reading a running magazine for motivation! |
 |
| Must be a good article, she's right into it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment