It's amazing how having a kid changes your life in ways you wouldn't expect. Like, now Abby has friends - and ergo, I have friends with kids Abby's age! Or maybe it's the other way around. I met a lot of great moms at the mommy classes I went to last year and we've had a lot of great times together. Abby loves being around other kids, so the more the merrier!
Most of my mom-friends have gone back to work, but we've still managed to spend some time with them either before they went back, or here and there as we could find time. One adventure that we went on with another mom and her daughter (Meredith and Airlie) was to the Toronto Aquarium. We had a great day looking at the fish and sharks! Abby didn't really get the whole thing, but I think she just enjoyed being out of the house! So did I!
 |
| Airlie tries to point out the fish to Abby. Abby just want's to walk. |
 |
| I think this is when she noticed that something was moving inside the tanks! |
On the conveyer belt that took you through a tunnel of sharks and fish - very cool.
 |
| We had fun with Meredith and her daughter Airlie. |
 |
| Love that Abby is more interested in the fish swimming over her. |
 |
| These jellyfish were tiny. About the size of a toonie. |
 |
| It is for this reason, I'm glad we taught Abby to "tickle" - so she would be gentle to Molly! |
 |
| "Hi, tiny human! Pet me!" |
 |
| Molly = smart dog! |
Spending time with Uncle James!
 |
| A little cousin time in a box-house! |
During March break, Abby and I went to a drop-in gym with some of the moms from my mommy class, I attended last year. Most of them are back to work, so it was good to see them. Abby was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of kids (especially, older kids!). But she warmed up once she saw the fun everyone was having.
 |
| Abby really wanted to be in this car! She kept running back to it. |
 |
| Rose and Abby - Rose loved the wagon (riding it in, pushing it, pulling it!) |
One of the great friends I made at the mommy class I went to last year, was Susan and her daughter Kaitlyn. We went for lots of walks and adventures while Susan was off on mat-leave, but now that she's back to work, we've got to be a little more creative in our scheduling. Abby and Kaitlyn are so adorable together. One activity that they both seem to love (and Susan and I like too) is swimming. So we try to have monthly swim play-dates. The girls love it, and we get to hang out and chat for a bit. Makes for a great Saturday! The girls are always funny and silly. They seem to genuinely like being around each other.
 |
| The change room has these great toddler chairs. Makes getting changed so much easier! |
We always have snack time after swimming! Susan bakes the best banana muffins - which Abby loves (even steals Kaitlyn's when she isn't paying attention! - that's true friendship!)
 |
| Finish off with a little cooperative computer time in the library! I can just imagine K telling A - "No, click there, Abby!!" |
Now that Susan is back to work, we've had a couple of impromptu visits with Kaitlyn & Susan, which we LOVE!
 |
| Blurry, I know - but too cute. Hugs! (they toppled over with the force of this hug!) |
 |
| I think they could have chased each other around the condo for hours! |
Another swim date with Kaitlyn, Susan and Andy (Kaitlyn's dad) - this time my Mom came with us. We always have fun - and the girls do as well!
These two are adorable, and headed to get into mischief!
 |
| I love this photo - best friends! |
"Umm... we'd like more snacks, please!"
We could get one or the other looking - it was difficult to get them both looking in the same direction at the same time!
 |
| Finally, both looking (took an iPhone to distract them!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment