As I'm having a heck of a time getting these posts done - poor Bridget is going to suffer from second child syndrome! I'm going to start a new format for these posts - that mostly highlight the crucial facts and tidbits of the month, but don't include the wall of text and detail that Abby's monthly posts included. As unfortunate as it is that Bridget won't get the glowing and lengthy reports per month, I feel as though this is a very accurate depiction of having a second kid (I'm sure it gets worse the more you have too!). Not only does my attention to key events decrease, but my memory is horrible too. I also am finding I don't care as much, not in a bad way, but in a "she'll do it when she's ready" or I'm not too worried and obsessed about individual developmental milestones anymore. I'm much more concerned that a) all her needs are met; b) she's happy; c) Abby's not hurting, teasing or mauling her!
So, with all that said, here's Bridget's 5 month report!
Vitals: 16.3 lbs and 64.4 cm (25.4 inches) - B is completely into size 9 month clothes and size 3 diapers. She's cubby all over, and has the cutest rolls on the top of her thighs and by her wrists. She's my chunky monkey.
Sleep: Bridget wakes up 2-3x a night still (around 11pm, 3am and then 6am). She's almost ready to go at 6, but I've had great success bringing her into bed and nursing her until she falls back asleep and is ready to get up by 8 when Abby gets up. Naps are all over the place, usually happening in the car or in the stroller in the morning while we are out and about. I attempt to get one good one in the afternoon while I put Abby down. We have started to ditch the swing this month. I made a big push to try to get at least 1 nap in her bed and we are getting there.
Likes: Bridget is a blanket baby. She really likes falling asleep with a satin edged muslin blanket which she rubs on her face - it's pretty cute. Bridget loves her sister and could watch Abby play for hours. We found out this month that Bridget also likes to swim. We put her in a little floaty and she was totally content to float around the pool. Bath times are a lot more fun too. Bridget and Abby frequently take baths together and Bridget loves kicking and splashing in the water now. Bridget is also starting to really like toys. Her favourite toy right now is a stuffed giraffe that has different textures and makes different noises when you squeeze it. She likes to hang out in her Bumbo and bouncey chair and watch what we are doing too. We've just started her in the Jumperoo and she seems to like it - she comes out covered in droll and spit-up - it's pretty gross!
Dislikes: Bridget doesn't like to be left alone. She doesn't mind being on her mat on the floor, but if she can't see a member of her family, she starts to cry!
Accomplishments: Spitting up is still an issue (although seems to be less of one), and now so are diaper blow-outs. It's laundry city around here. We have begun to sit-up unassisted for a couple of seconds. She usually collapses in a heap and cries if she gets tired and slouches forward. Her rolls impede her ability to sit-up I think! Bridget is a rolling over champ now. You can't put her on her back, because she'll roll right over to her belly. She's also developed a great "singing" voice. She's babbling a lot and screeching. Month 5 Bridget has really started to become a person. She's taking less work (minus the spiting up still) to take care of, but is putting out way more positive interactions. She smiles frequently and with her WHOLE face. She's becoming a ball of cuteness and you can't help but smile when you meet her (the red hair and pale blue eyes don't help her going unnoticed either!)
And now.... Abby!
![]() |
| Yep - fun's over! |















No comments:
Post a Comment