Monday, June 17, 2013

Dustin's First Father's Day



We had a crazy first Father's Day.  Dustin spent the Saturday at a fishing tournament with Adam Addesso (friend and coworker).  I spent Saturday with Adam's wife Janice and her new baby, Clark - so cute.  I counted that as D's real Father's Day - as what do most parents want for Mother's/Father's Day - to not be parents!

Anyway - because Abby was out of routine on Saturday, I think she was a little out of sorts on Sunday.  She was fairly cranky and I'm never writing that she doesn't cry again, because she spent much of the day crying and just being unhappy.  I really think it was due to lack of sleep (she's slept a lot today, again making me think she was over tired this weekend).  




She did NOT want to smile!
So many reasons to love this photos - but look at A's awesome hair!


But we had a relaxing Father's Day despite a grumpy girl.  We finally decided to get Abby to take a long walk to the park and have a little play and fresh air, in the hopes it would promote a good night's sleep.  I also got to take D's first Father's Day photos there - and they are adorable (if I do say so myself!).  Abby got her first experience with grass, and you can see in the photos - she was NOT a fan.  And of course, we had to end our trip to the park in the swings.  Abby is still a fan of the swings, I really think she could have fallen asleep in the swing.


Her first experience with grass - very uncertain about it.
She was distracted for a bit - and how adorable are these two!?
Yep, she made up her mind - NOT a fan of grass.


Abigail loves her Daddy.  I try really hard not to get jealous of their conversations and giggles, nor do I try to panic when D starts to rough-house with her (because she loves it apparently!).  I don't have a very difficult time handing Abby off to D when he comes home from work most days, they both want to see each other (and I want to have some not holding/entertaining Abby time by then!!).  I think we've got a Daddy's girl in the making, she's already starting to work on her blinking powers - start saving for a sweet 16 car now Daddy D! ;)


We really are good parents!

She's ready to run away
Yes, D's shirt says "Trophy Husband" - and he is!


Love this one - so tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment