Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Part 1 (at Gramma and Grampa Cole's House)


Abby's first Christmas was amazing.  We were able to spend time with lots of family and friends and Abby certainly was spoiled.  

We started our holiday in London at my parents house.  It was great to visit with family and get to play games and make cookies.  Abby, of course, was a great kid.  She adapts so well to moving about and to sleeping in new beds.  I think she really enjoyed the freedom she had at my parents house - as they have a lot more floorspace than we do in our condo!  She was really able to move around and get into trouble - especially after her older cousins showed her where Gramma hides all the "good" puzzles and toys.

London has already seen a lot of snow this season, and while it was rainy and horrible before Christmas, we were lucky enough to wake up to a perfectly snowy Christmas Day.  Of course, I had to get Abby out in the back of my parents' house for another snowy photo shoot - complete with Santa hat!


Abby has great difficulty standing in her snowsuit!



In the summer, Gramma Jean and I had picked a shopping cart out of the garbage on a walk - we carried it all the way back to Mom and Dad's because we were certain that my dad could fix it up fairly easily.  Sure enough, easy fix and as Abby is "walking" it was perfect for her to push around the house.  I got a huge laugh when I figured out her baby doll fits perfectly in the baby seat of the cart.  It didn't take long for Abby to figure out how to maneuver around the house with it.




Unfortunately, this year we didn't have a tree up in the condo.  With the new floors going in, and expectations of moving soon, the tree and most of the Christmas decorations were among the first boxes to head to storage.  However, Mom and Dad had a beautiful tree.  Abby, surprisingly, wasn't all over it.  Occasionally, she'd crawl over and try to grab a bell off, which, upon successful retrieval, she'd shake it and smile ear to ear!  She loves music!

Reaching for the bell.



"Santa gives me what if I'm naughty!?"





This was the exact moment Dad turned on the vacuum.
I love this subtle Christmas sweater (check out the noses of the reindeer!)


Christmas Eve was small this year, as most of the family had other plans or were far away.  Grammie came over and we had a wonderful dinner and then shared some stories and playtime with Abby.

Of course, the bedtime story had to be a Christmas book.

Then, it was off to bed for Abby and out came the games and cookies for the rest of us. 

In the morning, I was excited for Abby to start the present opening.  I was glad there wasn't a pile of kids or gifts going everywhere - at least at first, so that Abby could get the hang of opening presents and Christmas morning.  Abby handled it all like a champ, even helping deliver presents in her shopping cart!

"Hmm... who is this one for?"
Grampa helps Abby open her gift.
Abby is enthralled already - and it isn't even out of the package!
It's Abby's very own cellphone!

I think everyone had fun watching Abby open gifts and play with her new toys and books.  It was also nice to have a quiet Christmas morning.  I was certainly glad to be able to share Abby's first Christmas with my parents and Grammie.  But, after a quick wardrobe change, and hugs all around, we were off to Great Nana and Papa's house for the rest of presents and breakfast.... and for Christmas Part 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment