Well, it's that time of year again, Christmas time. This is going to be a very special Christmas for our little family.
We're moving!!
... just kidding...
(soon though)
Of course, it's because it's Abby's first Christmas! So, like the new parents that we are, we've been shlepping Abby all over to participate in Christmas traditions she's not going to remember.
First up, was the Oakville Santa Claus Parade. It turned out to be way more fun than we initially anticipated. It was a gorgeous day, and we ended up taking off half the layers we dressed in. We walked down with Susan, Kaitlyn and Andy and had a lot of fun watching the parade with them. Plus, it was nice to celebrate locally, as we really enjoy living in Oakville.
Abby gets a better view from Daddy's shoulders.
![]() |
| A's not so sure about all these people dressed in silly costumes. |
![]() |
| Waiting for Santa |
Abby's already been wearing her Christmas Jammies (well, more like winter PJs). I love the "I Love Snowmen" on her trap-door.
Of course, there have been Christmas parties to attend. Including one at Aunt Farah and Uncle Karl's. Abby loved her first experience with Indian food, especially everyone's favourite, butter chicken!
We've also had some snow to play in. Abby didn't really mind her first experience with the snow. If anything, I think she enjoyed standing (as the snow was able to hold her up). We didn't stay outside very long, it's been very cold and windy. But, I'm sure there will be more snow days soon.
And of course, to top it off. We had to visit Santa. I was sure that we'd get some reaction out of Abby, and not necessarily a positive one. I thought she might stare at Santa and give him one of her great "Who are you?" looks, but I was a little surprised at what actually happened. Although, it was hilarious, and we weren't the only parents who had a baby react the same way. Watch the magic unfold below:
![]() |
| "Hmm... Who is this guy?" |
![]() |
| "Wonder why everyone is staring at me?" |
![]() |
| "Wait, where are you going Mom?" |
![]() |
| "Mom...??" |
![]() |
| "Don't leave me with this hairy guy!" |
![]() |
| "Get me out of here, NOW!" |
![]() |
| "That's it... I'm done!" Merry Christmas Everyone! |
.jpg)


















The snow pictures are awesome. If only it had come earlier you could have staged these photos for a christmas card shot.
ReplyDelete