Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Very Rainy Halloween


I know, I'm really late for this.  But whatever.  It's too cute not to post.

So, this year, we had a very wet and rainy Halloween.  That didn't stop me from getting Abby dressed up and taking down to the forest for some cute photos.  It made sense since last year Abby was a mouse, this year, she should be the cat.  Luckily, Alyssa had hand-me-downed a costume that just barely fit Abby.  She was a cute little cat, even if she was a very grumpy one.




My grumpy cat

During our daily walks in October, Abby would love to see the "spooky scary" in the neighbourhood.  Lots of houses decorated for Halloween with ghosts and skeletons.  Abby would demand to see "More boo" or "More pun'kin"  The first time Abby said pumpkin, I didn't even know she knew the word.  We had a lot of fun checking out all the houses and finding "happy smile pun'kins."



Every photo shoot ends with "See Abby, see Abby" as she checks out the photos.

We didn't take Abby trick-or-treating this year, mostly because of the weather, but also because she was so grumpy.  Instead, we handed out candy and had a Halloween dance party in our bone jammies.  Abby kept saying "Shake bones!"  It was hard not to have a fun night with all the bone shaking going on.




This was also the first year I have been able to decorate for Halloween - so of course, I brought out my wedding pumpkins and whipped up a crocheted spider web, complete with pompom spider.  Yes, I love owning a house!



(Pay no attention to the boxes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment