Wednesday, October 19, 2016

8 Months for Bridgey



Vitals: Bridget is weighing in around 18lbs. She still fits in her 9 month clothes - but I suspect not for long. She's perfectly cubby and rolly. She has her bottom teeth fully in now and the top two teeth are coming through as well.  She basically hasn't stopped teething for three months now. Which has lead to a lot of sleep problems and the occasional very cranky baby!














Sleep: Not much has changed on the sleep front... still not really sleeping well at night. Bridget gets up about 2-3x a night, sometimes as much as 4! Yet another month I see every hour on the clock at least once.  I think this month there were at least two or three nights where I was up every hour! However, Bridget is napping like a champ now. She really enjoys her morning nap - and will sleep for upto 2-3h. Occasionally, she'll still get a second nap in during the afternoon/evening. Unfortunately, on more than one night we have had to resort to putting Bridget to sleep in the swing, while Dustin sleeps on the living room couch! It has to be those teeth yet again - plus the huge swing in developmental accomplishments!




Likes: Books - we've developed a real love for books. Music is also a source of entertainment and enjoyment, whether it's family dance night or Abby's made up songs she sings all the time, or Mommy's lullabies. Bridget loves to chew everything! If it's near her, it will be chewed. Bridget likes to be outside (as long as the sun isn't in her eyes or the wind is taking her breath away). We can get big smiles while in the swings now. I think I say this every month - but Bridget LOVES her big sister. She tracks her wherever Abby goes and smiles at her. Now that Bridget is bigger and moving, Abby has started to "play" with her, which occasionally means tackling her, tickling her, hugging her, having Bridget lay on Abby's tummy so they can look at each other and laugh and laugh. They are pretty funny together!




Bridget is also enjoying food a lot more now. Again, meat is still a favourite, doesn't matter what kind. The new teeth must be helping because she isn't gagging as much, which is very nice.

Dislikes: As far as food is concerned, Bridget is not a fan of avocado or banana. Weird right?! She really doesn't like to be alone. If I have to leave the room while she is awake or is in the living room and can't see anyone, she will let you know. Bridget is really starting to develop a whine.




Accomplishments: Well - we are on the move. B has mastered the army crawl. If she is on her belly or back (she'll roll immediately on her belly) and use her arms and toes to crawl everywhere. Bridget has not wanted to move onto her knees though. However, she's super fast with her army crawl. She's caught me off guard; I'll put her down on one side of the room, turn around to get something and she'll be all the way onto the other side of the room, eating electrical cords! Abby's had to put her toys away higher and helps me corral Bridget when she's on her own. Not only have we started crawling all over, but we've perfected sitting. She will sit with her back straight and play with toys, until she wants to crawl, then she just falls over or leans so far forward until she pops onto her belly. Sitting is no big deal now. Bridget sits without a problem and loves to sit and play with her toys.





Vocally, B has begun to start saying a few more sounds. She can say "dadada", and whispers "ppppaaappaaa". She still entertains us with her funny hand-mouth tricks and her screeches.  She will occasionally "sing" with Abby and/or I. Her laugh is infectious.

Personality: I have a feeling not much will change in this department for a while - because we still have a very happy, smiley baby on our hands. Bridget is becoming more and more personable and lovable. She is becoming more attentive and responding to her name. She is showing signs that you are important to her, which makes those late nights a little easier. She is super ticklish and I love rubbing my nose in her ribs to make her laugh. She still will stare you down and will win any staring contest! While I was hoping I may have a quiet little girl, I don't think that will be the case. I have a bit of a singer/talker/wiggler! I'm a little worried our house is going to be super loud!




Still wiggling around:








And Abby:


No comments:

Post a Comment