For American Thanksgiving, Abby and I flew to Florida to spend it with Gramma and Grampa Hall. Emma joined us for a few days, as well. Although, the weather was less than fantastic, Abby and I still managed to get out in the pool a couple of times (where is was probably 15 degrees warmer than the air temperature), and we had to go to the beach. All of us had fun watching Abby walk around in a walker, Gramma had borrowed. Abby loved the independence, and so did I!
![]() |
| Helping Grandy in the kitchen. She loved banging all the measuring spoons and cups around. |
We also had a great time getting all dressed up and heading to the club for Thanksgiving dinner. I love to joke that it was Abby's *second* first Thanksgiving! Although, her first with turkey! Lucky us, we got to spend two Thanksgivings with Emma and Gramma!
Abby was a great little girl. She was the most popular girl in the club dining room, I think. She ate everything we gave her and only made a mild mess of the club's table!
![]() |
| I told you she loved the walker! |
![]() |
| Abby with her Auntie Emma! |
![]() |
| Gramma and Grampa have a very large tub, so it was basically into a swimming pool for Abby every bath time! |
One morning, while I was in the shower, Grampa decided to let Abby roam the driveway in her little walker. I came out to find her loving her freedom. She was very happy and very cute. We all got a big laugh out of seeing Abby walk around outside in her PJs.
![]() |
| She even parked her car after she was finished! |
While I was a little worried about how Gramma's house would fare with my little mess monster, a few adjustments made the house very Abby friendly, even if she did find a way to get into things.
![]() |
| Abby's trying to figure out why Gramma's stuffed dog, Charlie, isn't licking her all over. |
![]() |
| Little Miss Trouble Maker, decides if she can't be IN her walker, she's going to climb ON it! |
Then, we made sure to pick one nice(ish) day to go to the beach. Abby has now been coast to coast, dipping her toes in the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific at the Oregon coast. All in just about a month. I think she liked the Florida beach better than Oregon's coast.
Seconds after the above photo was taken, a wave came up and got Abby's toes wet. She started to cry, and I don't know if that was because she was shocked because the wave got her or because the water was cold. Either way, it was pretty funny and cute.
![]() |
| Grampa loved carrying Abby around. |
Abby learned two lessons about the beach - you never come home without shells in your pockets, and a trip to the beach is always best if you finish it off with lime & chocolate swirl ice cream!
And of course we had to take a guided tour of the course in the golf cart with Grampa. Abby loved it. She was smiling and clapping the whole ride. I think she was thrilled to ride in a vehicle without a seatbelt, or a door, facing forward!
When we returned, Abby wanted to try her hand at driving!
We had such a fun time in Florida with Gramma and Grampa. Abby was amazing and made traveling a breeze. Everywhere we went she was smiling and making people happy. My only wish was that the weather was better (it was absolutely gorgeous the day we left!), but you take your chances coming in November/December! So, thank you Grandy and Grampa for the wonderful trip. We can't wait to see you again!
![]() |
| Abby was one tired girl on our trip home. All that excitement really whipped her out. |































No comments:
Post a Comment