Friday, November 8, 2013

Oregon Trip Part 1


Abby is having a quite a busy fall so far.  First off to Cincinnati, then Abby and I packed our bags and headed to Oregon to visit Allie, Gary and Tayson.  We had a great time celebrating autumn and spending time with family.  

I was very nervous about the flights down.  It was a very long day to Portland - two flights and 8.5h later, we arrived at Allie's.  Abby was amazing on the flights.  She slept or people watched and only got "grumpy" when she was over tired or hungry, which were pretty easy requests to solve.  And I was very happy that most of the people on the flights were understanding and actually helpful.  I found it very cute that the gentlemen on my flights (maybe I was just flying when more men fly?) were the most accommodating.  On all my flights, dads were making silly faces and getting Abby to smile and laugh.


Here we go!

"Don't worry Mom, I see our bags!"

Tayson and Abby got along great.  Tayson would love to go into my room and "rescue" Abby when she woke up, he liked to keep tabs on where Abby was and what she was doing.  T is getting really big now, and it was fun to see him talking and grasping complex ideas and just being two.  Abby loved watching T run around and the two would get each other laughing.  Abby also found the dog, Bronx, hilarious.  Bronx on the other hand, decided Abby wasn't really worth his time and mostly ignored the kids.


Sharing toys!  They played well, until... Abby pulled a toy Tayson was really interested in.




"I found her!"
Bath time fun!
A loves her cousin T!


Allie packed the first few days of our trip with lots of activities.  We went to a pumpkin patch to pick out some amazing carving pumpkins




Off to the petting zoo!






We tired T out by having him run through the pumpkin patch in search of his perfect pumpkins!

I love this one - Abby and her Aunt Allie!


I like this one, Mom!

It's like Where's Waldo - Tayson style! 

I love T's face - and his perfect pumpkin!


Abby finds the perfect apple!



Tayson is driving the pumpkin truck!

Searching for the perfect pumpkin makes one tired!

Cuddle and iPad time with Aunt Allie

Next, we packed up the kids and went to the ocean.  Apparently, Tayson has been saying for months: "Abby, Tisty, Beach?" - so of course we had to go!  It was cool at the beach, so we didn't stay too long, just long enough to say we'd gone and to see the ocean - first time Abby's seen the ocean.  She was underwhelmed.  I think she was more excited to be out of the car and out in the fresh air.

Abby's first time at the ocean.

T finally gets to the beach.



T and Bronx attempt to outrun each other.



And... we're done....

After taking the kids to the beach, we headed to the outlets.  But after a few busy days, we decided to stay home and let the kids have a bit of a normal day - which I will write about next...

No comments:

Post a Comment