So, as the blog is titled, Christy and Dustin - I thought I should actually include some of our news - as it isn't all about Abby.
Basically, over a month ago - Dustin became an Ironman - finishing his first half Ironman in Muskoka. I don't think we could have asked for better conditions for the boys. It was cool to begin the morning, but warmed up quite nicely. Craig came in first, and D was not that far behind him. They both looked strong the entire day, despite the difficult course. Abby and I were there to cheer the boys on all day (from 5am until after 2pm). It was a long, but fun day. So proud of our Ironman!
 |
| Waiting for the start |
 |
| We arrive as the sun rises and the swim course is being set up (the buoys are being placed in the water to mark the 2km course) |
 |
| Ready to start. |
 |
| D has a fantastic swim and heads out on the bike! |
 |
| And Craig is off. |
 |
| Abby can't handle the excitement!! |
 |
| 90km bike portion FINISHED! |
 |
| Only a half-marathon left to go! |
 |
| Craig finishes |
 |
| And across the line! |
 |
| Feels so good to be finished! |
 |
| A tries on Daddy's medal |
 |
| Abby getting her cowbell on! |
 |
| So proud of our Ironman! |
Then, again, over a month ago, I too had a race. I ran the Oakville Half-Marathon with Chris. That weekend was kind of a crazy weekend, as Dustin was going fishing and leaving Abby and I home alone for 4 days, plus, Abby and I both came down with horrible colds. So, I ran my first post-baby half with a horrible runny and stuffy nose. Luckily, Nana Cheryl came up to take care of Abby while Chris and I ran. It turned out my cold wasn't too much of an issue (at least not until the 15km mark). I managed to finish in approximately my average half time - which is great all things considered. Abby even crossed her first finish line with me. One of the great moments was upon finishing, the announcer called out our names: "Chris Harding is finishing, followed closely by Christy Cole-Harding... I bet this is 3 generations of Hardings." Very cute.
 |
| All ready to go! |
 |
| Again, we seem to preform well, while Abby is sleeping. |
 |
| The "official" race photo of all 3 of us coming down the chute. |
 |
| Across the line with A - getting her race ready already. |
 |
| Couldn't have done it without our pit-crew |
 |
| Obligatory post-race with medals photo |
 |
| The after race photo - Mom's too sick and tired to chase Abby, so we watch football. |
Now, we prepare for next season. We've learned a lot about juggling baby and training - so, hopefully we can get some more time in on the road and in the pool and be in great shape to go for next race season.
No comments:
Post a Comment